Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sweet Kisses

Tonight, we all walked up to the Art Museum for a concert of Utah's Handbell Ringers (or something like that). It was really cool to listen to them play the bells. We got there a few minutes late and pulled up a wooden bench just outside the back large doorway where the chairs ended (all the seats where taken already). Tessa was standing on the bench next to me, looking at the bell ringers through the crowd, when she reached her hand over my shoulders and around my neck, pulling me close to her. She held that for a few seconds, then turned and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. She smiled really big and I could tell she was happy to be the first on to kiss, because usually I kiss her, then she returns and we do that back and forth. So it was super cute that she kissed me first. It's these little moments that make you realize that your children really do love you, because it's hard to believe it sometimes while they are in the middle of throwing a fit or running away from you.

It was one of those sweet moments that I file away in my mind and hope I will always remember.

No comments: