Tuesday, October 20, 2009

That's my Girl

At the birthday party, they only offered sodas to drink. So I grabbed Tessa a sprite. As I sat down at the table, I explained that we don't give our kids soda and that this would be Tessa's first real soda, all for herself. Well, she took a sip and said "I don't like this water." Yeah!!!! That's the girl I have been dreaming of!!! I know, some people think it's totally crazy that we don't offer soda to the kids, and someday she will like soda, but for now, she doesn't need it (no one needs it) and she can have juice and milk and water instead. I love this little girl!

A few days later, we went to the Pollo Loco (my new favorite place), and they have strawberry soda, so I got Tessa a little bit. One sip, and she says "I don't like this. It's yucky." Bless her! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is AWESOME! you taught her well.

The Bensons said...

Oh I wish my kids didn't like it... We had them convinced Mt Dew was poison up until 2 years ago when one of their friends was drinking it. One thing they don't like, though, is french fries. YEAH! That is just about as good as not liking pop.