Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Days

Well, it's been a while since I updated our blog. We haven't had anything too exciting happen around here. Tessa did go swimming for the first time this summer last week. We had a playdate with the girls and their little ones from my bunco group. At first, she wasn't so sure about the water; she clung for dear life to my swimsuit, and I clung to my swimsuit too, hoping she wouldn't rip it off with her deathgrip. But after 20 minutes or so, she calmed down a bit, and I pulled her around in the water and she really enjoyed it. So, next week, she starts her own little swimming lessons. We will see how that goes...

I gave Kirk a haircut last night. He is tired of paying when I have a pair of capable hands that could cut it for free (well, he might have to tip)! So, we gave it a try. And, surprisingly, it turned out quiet well, or so he said. I was about half way through, and I stopped to think about what to cut next, when he asked if I was finished. I laughed and said no, and I asked if a normal haircutter would be done, and he said yeah, it would of been finished by then! But all good things take time. So, guess Kirk has a new stylist now, so next time you see him, tell him how great his hair looks!

This upcoming weekend we have a mini-reunion with Kirks family. It should be fun. It's nice that Tessa is getting big enough to play with the other cousins. On Kirks side, there are a lot of cousins. There are 4 of them all born within a year of each other, so that's really nice for her. Anyways, it should be fun. Check back next week for the details.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Hello Johnsons, Jethro just told me the other day you guys have a blog. It seems to be the latest trend so we started one a couple of months ago too. Check it out and feel free to comment. Also you need to post pics of Kirks hair cut next time lol hope to hear from you!!

http://traciboo22.blogspot.com/