Monday, September 28, 2009

As for Updates

There hasn't been too much exciting stuff going on here. No first steps yet, although hopefully any day now. But, for the un-exciting stuff, here is what we have been up to lately:

*I got a part time job, working at Ross Dress for Less! I am actually enjoying it so far, it's been about 3 weeks. I work two nights a week a week, and I have worked one Saturday for 4 hours. So, it's good, it gets me out of the house, and I am not spending money (well, at least I am making a little bit to cover what I spend at Ross!)

*Ashley stands by herself now. And she is trying to climb, she climbs the fireplace step, which she only fell off of 3 times, and can now get down pretty well unassisted too! She is trying the couch but can't quiet make it yet, thankfully!

*Tessa is in a home-based preschool and loving it! She goes right in and doesn't look back, and when I go in to pick her up, she tells me "Not Yet Mommy!"

*Rosco has been in Obedience Training for the past 5 weeks, he has 3 weeks to go. He is doing awesome, as long as you have treats in your hand. If you have no treats, forget it! But he is becoming the dog we always wanted, just slowly!

*Tessa hasn't used the potty yet. Has no desire, just screams no if you ask her. But one day, one day this will all change... I told her that all I want for Christmas if for her to use the potty!

*Kirk asked me last week what my thought were on having another kid, I mentally froze for a moment, and he filled in the silence with "I don't want to even really think about it until the first one is potty trained" phew! I don't want to think about it until the second one is consistently sleeping through the night and that isn't going to happen until all her teeth come in, I believe. And until the first one is toilet trained. I DO NOT want 3 children in diapers, no way no how, thank you very much. Two is too many to change already.

*We finished painting the kitchen this past weekend. It has a chair rail, so we went a lighter shade on top and our through-out-the-whole-house beige on bottom. It looks sooo nice, I just love it! And I feel more complete looking at an entirely painted wall instead of a big brown and white line down the middle of the wall :) Thank you very much Kirk!!!

*Tessa has began asking for ponytails!!! I knew that this happy day would come! She sits and waits and then asks for hairspray. I let her pick out the color barrettes she wants, and all goes well, and I LOVE IT!!! She is darling!

Anyways, these are some of the things that we have been up to lately, like I said, nothing exciting, but just our normal daily doings :)

1 comment:

Jared & Tracee said...

Oh, love the updates even if they seem small to you! I miss you guys!!! Keep them up!